Monday, August 21, 2006

Oh my God, Sarah's blogging??

Yep. Here I am. Since I'm getting back into the swing of things at school, I figured I should get into blogging again.
So I survived the first day of school. My schedule is pretty much the same everyday, like high school, except that for jr. high I have a homeroom that I teach art to and keep for study hall at the end of the day (only 2 days a week). Here's my schedule:

Homeroom (7:40-8:10)
1st - 8th Algebra
2nd - 8th average math
3rd - 8th average math
4th - 7th average math
5th - 7th average math
Lunch
6th - 7th high math
7th - Varies - teach art or supervise study hall/give math help

Does anyone notice what's missing? Teachers? A prep period! Look at Cindy's schedule. See those first 2 classes where it says "free"? That's what I'm missing. I get 2 per week. And the first 2 weeks of school I only get 1 per week. Yikes! So I'm going to be busy, and exhausted!
But anyway I'm really happy to have my own classroom again. I'm so excited to teach the Algebra class - already much higher thinkers than last semester's algebra class. I think I'll be able to do a lot with them.
This year I also have to take 4 classes, 2 per semester. I have to do this to get my math and science endorsements for IL since they didn't transfer. This semester I'm taking Modern Algebra - 'gag' - and a class on how to teach middle school math. Hmmmm This is my 5th year teaching middle school math. Does anyone else find this ironic?
Well that's it for now. I hope all the other teachers are having a good start to the new year.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Tony Real said...

OMG!!!!!!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger belle said...

What's the OMG for? That I'm blogging, or my crazy schedule?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home