Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's hot!

Either the thermostat in my classroom is broken or it's over 95 degrees in my room. It's soooo hot! The room next door to me is 90 degrees, and mine is hotter.
Today the power went out for a while. It wasn't completely out, more of a brown out. Well, a brown out that is about one second away from being completely out. That was fun, let me tell you.
Teaching is going well. I'm so much more organized this year - so far. I have a better system for when the students need to go to the bathroom: they have to sign out in a notebook and then put a stuffed Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse on their desk so I know who's gone and they know if it's their turn. Most of the kids are doing a good job taking notes and paying attention. I also have a better system for papers and notes that need to go to me or to the office. I'm using Harry Wong's suggestions about procedures for the classroom and repeating them over as much as I can/need to and the kids are adapting very well. Hopefully this continues throughout the school year. wishful thinking maybe?
I hope everyone that started today had a good first day. Have a great year. I hope your classrooms are cooler than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home