Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rent - the musical

This is mostly for Caryn because she's seen this musical so many times. I just watched the movie for the first time this weekend. Everytime I saw Idina Mentzel I thought "Elphaba" but she's still awesome in Rent too. I haven't seen the end of it though. My friend Kelly had it Tivo'ed and so I thought I would watch it while the boys were taking a nap. I got to about where Angel dies and then it just stopped. The timer said I still had 30+ minutes left, but it was just a blank screen :O So yesterday I got home and was eating a snack and saw that Rent was just starting. So of course I watched it. But after an hour and a half I realized I had a lot of work to do b/c report cards are due this week and I have a midterm tomorrow, so I stopped watching. So one of these days I'm going to have to buy or rent it and finish it. The music has been stuck in my head since last Friday. Right now The Tango Maureen is playing. I especially like all the harmonies since there are so many main characters.
Basically this post had no point and I've just rambled on. But if anyone has any thoughts about Rent I'd love to hear them :)

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, my friends, I am a bit of a "Rent" addict. everyone go watch it.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RENT is AMAZING!!!!!!! You need to finish it! I am dying to see the broadway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home