Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Who knew a little white bug could be such a problem?

You're not going to believe this. I'm on vacation for the rest of the week. Yes, today is Tuesday. Why? Well the little white bug I'm referring to is lice. We've had a little problem with it in our school. I'm not sure what the total count is as of right now, but it's not small. So they're closing the school so a professional company can come in and fumigate it. Today we had to clean out all the desks and lockers and take everything home. Before you get too jealous let me tell you that more than likely I"ll have to make up these days at the end of the school year :( Especially if we get snow days. But for now I'm happy :) I get to catch up on sleep, get healthy because I've been fighting a sinus infection, and work on all my grad school projects that I haven't had time to do. Hopefully I will stay lice free. It's not hard to get rid of - just use a special shampoo, but I don't even want to begin to think about everything I would have to clean. Sheets, clothes, more sheets, coats etc etc etc.
Anyway I'm gettin outta here. Happy Halloween!!!
(=

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Tony Real said...

Little kids are just oh so dirty.

j/k.

Is this year especially bad for lice? I keep hearing about this from it seems like tons of schools!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger belle said...

Hey Tony I just saw your comment.
It seems to be a bigger problem this year than I have ever heard in the past, but who knows. I suppose it cycles, like cicadas (sp?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home